Wednesday, April 21, 2010

fancy fancy

Lindsay and I are on the same wavelength with the ties. I promise we didn't plan these two posts together.. But here is the tie I made for my little man. Daddy's graduating from college this week and of course our boy needs to look super sharp for the festivities. So. I cut out the basic tie shape (you can make it super skinny or fat - but beware, you have to turn it right side out and that can be tricky if it's too skinny). I ironed on some thicker interfacing to the back of one of the strips for the tie, just from about where you'd tie it to give it some substance.
Sorry I didn't take more pictures, but basically, I sewed around the edges right sides together(about 1/4- 1/2 inch seam). I turned it right side out and whip-stitched the edge closed where I turned it right side out. Then I ironed it flat and we're done! Oh, except I did stitch on a little fabric behind the front to hold the end of the tail (is it called that? who knows.)
Of course I had to get Brenan to tie it on our eleven-month-old. Maybe I should learn someday.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Great minds think alike. I love how fat and chunky it is. And of course, I love the print.

    ReplyDelete